New Product & Business LaunchesEric Bernhard has started or been involved with numerous business startups throughout his career. One of Eric's primary assets is his ability to identify and maintain a focus on the long-term strategic goals while balancing the
tactical chaos of a startup:
- NetAhead Solutions - As VP of Marketing, Eric provides
strategic solutions and tactical marketing support
to this marketing service agency's clients.
- TrueRenu.com - E-Commerce startup, selling high-end bath and beauty products with natural ingredients. Eric was involved in design, custom features and ongoing site enhancements.
- NewSub Services / Synapse Group - Eric was the first
hire at Synapse Group, Inc., and as Marketing Director was directly responsible for building the credit card and airline affinity marketer
into the world's largest
producer of magazine subscriptions. Delivering more magazine subscriptions than American Family
Publishers Clearing House combined, Synapse Group is now a direct subsidiary
of Time Warner, Inc.
- The National Sports Daily - America's first “all sports” daily newspaper published by Peter Price with Frank DeFord as Managing Editor. Brought on board 9 months after launch to manage
product repositioning, new agency review, radio and TV advertising..
- The Sports Illustrated Catalog
- a line extension into the mail order business, and a popular one.
The catalog sold sports memorabilia, videos and equipment -- leveraging
existing relationships with major league sports associations, sports
photographers and magazine subscribers. Sales after 1st year grossed
- Ziff Davis, Inc. - as New Business and Database Manager, Eric delivered the majority of all new subscriptions for eight new product launches (4 consumer titles, 2 non-print consumer
titles, 2 qualified circulation title) in less than 9 months.